Monday, October 26, 2009

Twin Cities - After a run in with a mouse in Wisconsin

So, this is what was climbing outside our hotel window in De Forest, Wisconsin...

Today was a quick drive up to the Twin Cities. An uneventful and quiet day overall, nice. Tonight we're at the hotel eating chocolate and reading after visiting with a friend who lives in St. Paul. Lance, if you catch this post, we wish we could have visited you and Donna in Champaign-Urbana...good luck with the dissertations.

And Anneka: As it happens, we just picked up an aged Gouda from a local creamery, Edelweiss, in Monticello, Wisconsin! Made with milk from grass fed cows, it looks tasty. We are saving it for the next leg of our trip...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MMmm! I had such a big smile on my face when I saw the cheese sign - and of course the mouse! I love aged Gouda, some of the best cheese I've ever eaten has been Gouda. My dad has gotten me into the really, really old cheese too - it has such a sharp nutty flavor... ahh... It's been super yummy too when Stefan added it to mashed potatoes ;) Heaven!